Monday, August 24, 2009

Peanut Butter Cereal Chicken: Round 2



Okay...this time I did a baked version using the same concept that I tried last night.  Flour, egg wash, and breading made from peanut butter cereal, cilantro, chile powder, and red pepper flakes.

Right now I am just at odds with myself.  Although this was a more successful effort in that I did not pull my hair out and had perfectly cooked chicken, I missed the crunch factor that the frying provides.  Yet with frying I was not able to cook a consistently good product.  I think that when I try frying again I need to further research what can be used for breading. The cereal that I used just may not have enough fat in it to withstand the oil, as it would just char within a minute.

It was still a delicious dinner, but I see future frying endeavors in my future.



No comments: