Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 Resolutions

I am not one to make New Year's resolutions as I usually forget them or blow them within the first week of the new year. But I feel that this year needs a jump start that maybe a few resolutions will help along.

Thus my resolution for 2010 is to be better to myself. A pretty broad statement but I think it encompasses everything that I aiming for. Whether that be eating well, working out, or calming down my sailor mouth. But I think that the biggest part to this resolution is to think better of myself and to stop the negative thoughts that love to creep up and tell me I'm not smart enough, skinny enough, pretty enough, and I don't deserve happiness. How will I ever be truly comfortable in my own skin if I don't value my own worth in this world? And to be quite honest I think that this is going to be the hardest thing for me to achieve.

It seems that in this day and age that we are constantly required to nit pick ourselves that we can never feel truly content or happy. And when so many people in this world are without jobs, homes, and are struggling to get by it can feel like we are bad people by allowing ourselves to splurge on our well-being and be happy.

This not to say I am going to blow all my paycheck on shopping and constant weekends away. But I will allow myself to invest in some things that make me feel good about myself. Which is why I put hot pink nail polish on and bought some fire truck red lipstick.

So here is to a good start to 2010. My red lipstick diaries and more experiments in the kitchen will soon follow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you Ron! I think your resolutuion is an excellent one! Much love.